Thursday, January 3, 2013

Adonai

This is does not rhyme and I'm not a writer, this is simply my heart expressed to my King:

In my loneliest of days, you were near
Though my heart cried for others, you saw every tear
Never once did you leave, you remained close and always faithful
You waited patiently for the day I would turn to you and surrender it all
Never pushing me or forcing me, you gently pursued me
Once I gave you my heart, I was never again the same
Though I said, "Why did I do that again?"
You simply replied, "I also died for that sin."
The more you speak, the deeper in love I fall
You never once fail me, though I fail at it all
You remain true, even when I wander here and there
My trust is in you and you hold my future
My love for you grows everyday and your love for me is greater than I can imagine
I am your priceless pearl, your little girl
And you are my King, the one to whom I cry "Adonai!"

"Remember Your Word to Your servant, for You have given me hope. Your Word has given me new life. This is my comfort in my suffering."   
-Psalm 119:49-50

No comments:

Post a Comment